The Friends of MacGregor Point Park is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the educational, recreational, and research opportunities at MacGregor Point Provincial Park. Projects are funded through grant applications, donations, membership sales, and fundraising activities.
Our projects include…
- Special events in the Park - Huron Fringe Birding Festival
- Employment of Student Discovery Guides to deliver summer educational programming
- Equipment for Visitor Centre - computers, dip nets, binoculars, microscopes
- Funds for guest speakers and educational presentations in the Park
- Infrastructure to support education and recreation - boardwalks, viewing platforms, campfire circle, trail markers, information boards
- Volunteer opportunities: work parties for invasive species control, Spring cleanup, BBQs supporting the Friends' events