Welcome to the 2020 Huron Fringe Birding Festival Online Registration
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS ACTIVE MARCH 1 (6am) to MAY 21 (6pm) & MAY 26 to MAY 27
PHONE THE REGISTRAR TO REGISTER ON THE FESTIVAL DATES
ON A MOBILE OR SMALLER SCREEN SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO LOG-IN
An account holds the registrations for one or more individuals. To create an account, enter the email address with a password for the account user, then add the contact information. Attendees are then added individually to the account.
Please add or edit the contact information and provide an emergency name/phone (someone NOT at the Festival) for each attendee. WAIVER FORMS WILL BE PRE-PRINTED USING THE ONLINE INFORMATION PROVIDED and will be in your account's registration package, ready for signature(s) on site. Attendee emergency contact information will be in place in the name badge holder.
Click to view a printable (condensed) 2020 Schedule of Events
We recommend reading the printable Registration Instructions in advance of registration.
PLEASE ESTABLISH YOUR DESIRED EVENTS AND HAVE YOUR ATTENDEE PERSONAL INFORMATION & EMERGENCY CONTACT NAME/PHONE PREPARED IN ADVANCE TO SAVE TIME DURING REGISTRATION. Some events may be in high demand; please select alternate choices and contact the registrar to be added to a waitlist for your first choices. You will be contacted to switch if space becomes available.
Youth (10-21) are welcome on regular Festival events (ages 10 & 11 accompanied by an adult who is also registered for the event)
in an event title indicates a shortened all-day event.
in an event title indicates an event suitable for individuals with limited mobility.
Events are listed for each day in order by start time and grouped for ALL DAY, MORNING, AFTERNOON, EVENING. Descriptions are included for each event. Click on the leader's name to learn more about this person.
Payment will be made via PAYPAL or CREDIT CARD. You can pay using a PayPal account but you do not need an account. During the payment process, scroll down to the bottom of the PayPal payment page to click the PAY BY CREDIT CARD or DEBIT CARD button. Personal information will not be saved by PayPal.
Please feel free to contact the registrar by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-375-1889.
Guidelines for Participants
- Please check-in at the registration tent located near the visitor centre 30 minutes prior to your first event to pick up your registration package and sign your waiver. A signed waiver of liability is required for your participation in the Festival and will be in your registration package, ready for your signature. A waiver for each Youth age 10-17 must be signed by a parent/legal guardian.
- Please review the "Be Safe" document and the waiver of liability prior to the Festival. These documents can be viewed by clicking on the links located at the bottom of each of the registration pages.
- ALL EVENTS BEGIN AND END AT THE VISITOR CENTRE unless noted otherwise in the event description.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to each of your following events during the Festival so that the group can maintain their schedule. When the group is ready to leave, they will not wait for late arrivals.
- Morning events end by about 11:30am; all-day and afternoon events end by 3:30- 4:30pm unless specified otherwise in the online event description.
- Please be sure to notify the registrar if you are unable to attend an event or will be late so that the departure of the other participants on that event will not be delayed. If you arrive late and your group has already left, the staff at the registration tent will attempt to meet you up with the group. For early morning events please leave a message @ 519-375-1889. The registrar also checks email messages at email@example.com
- Youth (10-21) are welcome on regular Festival events, with ages 10-12 accompanied by an adult also registered for the event.
- Event limits are established by the Festival committee to maximize participant experience and minimize environmental disturbance. The status of events is updated daily during the Festival. Ask at the registration tent about openings that might have arisen due to cancellations/changes. All event changes/adjustments must be made with the registration staff..
- Car-pooling is encouraged for many events. Be sure to start the day with a full tank of fuel. Passengers are encouraged to share expenses for fuel when car-pooling with another participant (we suggest $5 per person for half-day events and $10 per person for a full-day).
- If you have walkie-talkies that can be set to a particular channel, please bring them along. Their use will help to enhance your experience.
- The weather can be variable. For your comfort we suggest bringing water, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and jackets for cool or wet weather. Sturdy foot wear with good soles is recommended.
- Participants are responsible for providing their own food and beverages. Lunches and drinks should be taken with you on full day events.
- Please consider any medical conditions or health issues you may have when choosing events. Be sure to properly prepare yourself as needed for each event.
- Festival registration includes Park day use fee for the days of your event(s)
- Festival package covers all 8 days of the festival; Weekend package covers the 4-days of the first or second weekend; Saturday/Sunday package covers those two days of the first or second weekend. Extra per person event fees also apply with packages.
- This is an alcohol-free event.
- Pets and Smoking on outings are not permitted; please be considerate of others in small groups.
- To reduce exposure to the Black-Legged Tick (Deer Tick) along trails, please wear long pants and full shoes with your socks over your pants legs. Check yourself after your program.
- Registrations must be pre-paid. You may cancel your registration at any time prior to May 1; acancellation fee of $10 will be deducted per account. Cancellations May 1-15: 50% refund / cancellations May 16 up to the day before the Festival: 25% refund. No refunds will be issued as of the day before the Festival. Refunds will be mailed soon after the Festival.
Login or Register for an Account
Registrants are asked to read the Festival’s "Be Safe" document prior to coming to the Festival.
All attendees will be required to sign the Friends of MacGregor Point Waiver prior to participating in Festival activities. A waiver form will be included in the registration package, pre-printed with the attendee information included in the online registration, ready to be signed at registration check-in 30 minutes prior to the attendee's first event. Each attendee's emergency contact information will be printed on a small insert and included in their name badge holder.
New to the Festival? View our special edition "Redstart" Friends of MacGregor Point newsletter created to celebrate our 20th Festival in 2017.
For more information on where to stay, where to eat and where to shop in Saugeen Shores (Port Elgin and Southampton), please visit www.visitsaugeenshores.ca