Welcome to the 2020 Huron Fringe Birding Festival Online Registration
View a printable (condensed) 2020 Schedule of Events
We recommend reading the printable Registration Instructions in advance of registration.
ON A MOBILE OR SMALLER SCREEN SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO LOG-IN
ONLINE REGISTRATION is active March 1 (6am) to May 21 (6pm) & May 26 to May 27. From May 22 to 25 and May 28 – 31 phone the Registrar to register.
YOUR ACCOUNT: The first step in registering for the Festival is to create an account. Once created, you can then register yourself, and additional attendees. To create an account, enter your email address and create a password, then follow the directions by adding your contact information. Additional attendees can subsequently be added to the account.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS:
- Gather together all attendee personal information.
- Determine each person’s emergency contact name/phone. This must be someone not attending the Festival. Emergency contact information is placed in each badge holder.
- Waiver forms are pre-printed using the online information provided and are placed in your account's registration package, ready for signature(s) on site.
- Establish all attendee's desired events as well as second choices.
- If a first choice is full, you may contact the Registrar to be added to a waitlist. You will be contacted if space becomes available.
- Have your payment method ready. Payment is made via Paypal or credit card. You can pay using Paypal without an account. During the payment process, scroll down to the bottom of the Paypal payment page to click the pay by credit card or debit card button. Personal information will not be saved by Paypal.
- Please feel free to contact the Registrar by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-375-1889 if you are confused by the registration process.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Events are listed for each day by start time and grouped for ALL DAY, MORNING, AFTERNOON, and EVENING. Descriptions are included for each event. Click on the leader's name to learn more about this person.
in an event title indicates a shortened all-day event.
in an event title indicates an event suitable for individuals with limited mobility.
Youth (10-21) are welcome on Festival events (ages 10 & 11 accompanied by an adult who is also registered for that event).
Guidelines for Participants
- Please check-in at the registration tent located near the Visitor Centre 30 minutes prior to your first event to pick up your registration package and sign your waiver. A signed waiver of liability is required for your participation in the Festival. It will be in your registration package, ready for your signature. A waiver for each Youth age 10-17 must be signed by a parent/legal guardian.
- It is important that you review the "Be Safe" document and the waiver of liability prior to the Festival. These documents can be viewed by clicking on the links located at the bottom of each of the registration pages.
- All events begin and end at the Visitor Centre unless noted otherwise in the event description.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to each of your events for instructions about the event and so that the group can leave on time! Do not be late! Events must leave on time to maintain their schedules, make room for other events to meet up and to ensure the group doesn't miss out on any exciting part of the planned itinerary.
- Morning events end by about 11:30am; all-day and afternoon events end by 3:30- 4:30pm unless specified otherwise in the online event description.
- Please notify the Registrar if you are unable to attend an event or will be late. This ensures that the group's departure is not delayed. If you arrive late and your group has already left, the staff at the registration tent will attempt to meet you up with the group. For early morning events please leave a message @ 519-375-1889. The Registrar also checks email messages at email@example.com.
- Youth (10-21) are welcome on Festival events; however, ages 10-12 must be accompanied by an adult who is also registered for the event.
- Event limits are established by the Festival committee to maximize participant experience and minimize environmental disturbance. Ask at the registration tent about openings that might have arisen due to cancellations/changes. All event changes/adjustments must be made with the registration staff.
- Car-pooling is encouraged for many events. Be sure to start the day with a full tank of fuel. Passengers are encouraged to share expenses for fuel when car-pooling with another participant (we suggest $5 per person for half-day events and $10 per person for a full-day).
- If you have walkie-talkies please bring them along. Walkie talkie communication on driving events keeps you aware of stops, directions, traffic safety and birds as you drive.
- For your comfort we suggest bringing water, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and jackets for cool or wet weather. Sturdy footwear with good soles is recommended.
- Participants are responsible for providing their own food and beverages. Lunches and drinks should be taken with you on all day events.
- Please consider any medical conditions or physical limitations you have when choosing events. Be sure to properly prepare yourself as needed for each event.
- Festival registration includes Park day use fee for the days of your event(s)
- Festival package covers all 8 days of the Festival; Weekend package covers the 4-days of the first or second weekend; Saturday/Sunday package covers those two days of the first or second weekend. Extra per person event fees also apply with packages. The appropriate package is applied automatically during registration as events are selected.
- Pets, smoking and alcohol on outings are not permitted.
- To reduce exposure to the Black-Legged Tick (Deer Tick) along trails, please wear long pants and full shoes with your socks over your pant’s legs. Check yourself after your event.
- Registrations must be pre-paid. You may cancel your registration at any time prior to May 1; a cancellation fee of $10 will be deducted per account. Cancellations May 1-15: 50% refund / cancellations May 16 up to the day before the Festival: 25% refund. No refunds will be issued as of the day before the Festival. Refunds will be mailed soon after the Festival.
Login or Register for an Account
Registrants are asked to read the Festival’s "Be Safe" document prior to coming to the Festival.
All attendees will be required to sign the Friends of MacGregor Point Waiver prior to participating in Festival activities.
New to the Festival? View our special edition "Redstart" Friends of MacGregor Point newsletter created to celebrate our 20th Festival in 2017.
For more information on where to stay, where to eat and where to shop in Saugeen Shores (Port Elgin and Southampton), please visit www.visitsaugeenshores.ca