The Friends of MacGregor Point Park is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the educational, recreational, and research opportunities at MacGregor Point Provincial Park.
Projects are funded through grant applications, donations, membership sales, and fundraising activities.
Our projects include:
- Special events in the Park - Huron Fringe Birding Festival
- Employment of student Natural Heritage Educators to deliver summer educational programming
- Equipment for the Visitor Centre - computers, dip nets, binoculars, microscopes
- Funds for guest speakers and presenters for park visitors
- Infrastructure to support recreation and education - boardwalks, viewing platforms, campfire circle, trail markers, information boards
- Volunteer opportunities: Work parties for Invasive species control, Spring cleanup, BBQs supporting Friends events.