Welcome to the 2017 Huron Fringe Birding Festival Online Registration
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS ACTIVE FEBRUARY 1 - MAY 25 & MAY 30 - MAY 31
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED ON THE FESTIVAL DATES
Please feel free to contact the registrar by email at email@example.com or by phone at 519-353-8618.
We ask that family units or groups register using one account. Log-in to a previous user account or create a user account. To create an account, designate one person in the group to be the account user and use their email address with a password. The software will prompt for the account user's contact information to create an account. Registrations are then added to the account for each attendee (see registration instructions).
The registration module is not active until February 1. Once active, new users will be able to create an account. Returning users will be able to log into their accounts.
NEW FOR 2017!
FESTIVAL CLOTHING FOR ORDER!
Click on FESTIVAL BRANDED CLOTHING on the HURON FRINGE BIRDING FESTIVAL drop-down menu for more information.
Guidelines for Participants
- ALL EVENTS BEGIN AND END AT THE VISITOR CENTRE.
- Morning events end by about 11:30am; all-day and afternoon events end by 3:30- 4:30pm unless specified otherwise in the online event description.
- Please read the "Be Safe" document and the waiver of liability prior to the Festival. You can view these documents by clicking on the links located at the bottom of each of the registration pages. You can save time when picking up your registration folder by bringing a partially completed waiver (leave the signature line blank) for each participant.
- Please check-in at the registration tent located near the visitor centre 30 minutes prior to your first event to pick up your parking pass and registration package. A signed waiver of liability is required for your participation in the Festival and will be completed at the registration tent. A waiver of liability signed by a parent/legal guardian must be provided for every Child or Youth participating in the Festival.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to each event during the Festival so that the group can maintain their schedule.
- Please be sure to notify the registrar if you are not able to attend an event so that the departure of the other participants on that event will not be delayed waiting for missing attendees. For early morning events please leave a message @ 519-353-8618. The registrar also checks email messages at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Car-pooling is encouraged for many events. Be sure to start the day with a full tank of fuel. Passengers are encouraged to share expenses for fuel when car-pooling with another participant (we suggest $5 per person for half-day events and $10 per person for a full-day).
- If you have walkie-talkies that can be set to a particular channel, please bring them along. Their use will help to enhance your experience.
- The weather can be variable. For your comfort we suggest bringing water, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and jackets for cool or wet weather. Sturdy foot wear with good soles is recommended.
- Participants are responsible for providing their own food and beverages. Lunches and drinks should be taken with you on full day events.
- Youth (10-17) are welcome on all Festival events, ages 10-12 accompanied by an adult also registered for the event.
- Children (5-9) are to be accompanied by an adult chaperone who is responsible for their conduct, safety and travel during their event. Some events will require the chaperone to also register for the event. Limit of 3 children per chaperone.
- Please consider any medical conditions or health issues you may have when choosing events. Be sure to properly prepare yourself as needed for each event.
- To reduce exposure to the Black-Legged Tick (Deer Tick) along trails, please wear long pants and full shoes with your socks over your pants legs. Check yourself after your program.
- Festival registration includes Park day use fee.
- Festival fee covers all 8 days of the festival; Weekend package covers the 4-days of the first or second weekend; Saturday/Sunday package covers those two days of the first or second weekend. Extra per person event fees apply with packages.
- This is an alcohol-free event.
- Pets and Smoking on outings are not permitted; please be considerate of others in small groups.
- The status of events is updated daily. Ask at the registration tent about openings that might have arisen due to cancellations/changes.
- Registrations must be pre-paid. You may cancel your registration at any time prior to May 1; however, an administration fee of $10 will be deducted from each attendee's refund. Cancellations May 1-15: 50% refund / cancellations May 16 up to the first day of the Festival: 25% refund. No refunds will be issued once the Festival begins. Refunds will be mailed soon after the Festival.
Login or Register for an Account
Registrants are asked to read the Festival’s "Be Safe" document prior to coming to the Festival.
All attendees will be required to sign the Friends of MacGregor Point Waiver prior to participating in Festival activities. You can save time when picking up your registration folder at the Festival by bringing your partially completed waiver (all but the signature line) to the registration tent near the Visitor Centre. Your signature will be witnessed at that time. Parents/guardians can list children/youth on one form to be signed at the registration tent.
For more information on where to stay, where to eat and where to shop in Saugeen Shores (Port Elgin and Southampton), please visit www.visitsaugeenshores.ca